Primary tabs

Comments by User

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 - 14:03

Used in a 2-hour game I did with my students.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 - 14:01

Used in a 2-hour game I did with my students.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 - 18:30

Well I can't help with the art, but I can help with a humorous story.  I teach game design at a community college, and was showing to my students.  Now I have ADD (use to have ADHD, but I don't belive I qualify for the hyper part anymore, at least I don't fall out of my chair any more) and right in the middle of talking about game resources started commenting on the post title.

Then a clever student said that maybe how the app worked was if you stopped to talk about it in the middle of class, you have ADHD ;)  We all laughed, and it was a running joke for the rest of that class period.


I do wish you luck with your project.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 13:40

Applogies for the double post.  I don't see a way to delete this myself, so if a mod could get rid of this that'd be swell.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 13:29

Using the walk animation as a resource for a GameMaker exam.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 00:48

Used in a re-creation of Richard Garriott's dnd#1, the very first game he created back in 1977.

Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 20:21

Used in my 2 hour game. I edited out the trailing beats to make it loop better.

Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 20:10

I used this in a 2-hour game I did with my students.  I added in alpha as well, plus took one of the tiles and fiddled with the color saturation to make the background.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 03:26

Sorry for dropping off radar like that.  Between grading finals/projects and prepping to go to Taiwan for the whole summer, life got insane.  

My primary goal right now with WebRogue is to experiement mainly.  I want to integrate it into Facebook and see how I can work traditional rogue-like elements with modern social gaming.  I also want to experiment with having just the front end in HTML5 and the backend, heavy-duty procedural stuff in Google AppEngine using python.  Not to mention I want to start collecting prodcedural algorithms into a library of sorts that my students (and others) can access.

For the game itself, I've roughly settled on an exploration theme.  You explore caves to find locator fragments that lead to watch towers from an ancient civilization.  Those contain map orb fragments that lead to outposts.  From there you can find fragments that will lead to abonded cities and temples.  The ultimate goal is find the capital which will have the greates treasures and the greatest foes.

Why?  Because collectors, governments and museums pay really well for stuff from this lost civilization.

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 23:03

I think perhaps it would be better to collect the algorithms instead, with perhaps pseudo-code.  A C/C++ library would be useless to someone wanting to use Google App Engine to power the game, or XNA on the XBox 360 Indie arcade, or to someone using the free version of Unity, and so.  You get the idea.  Of course along with the algorithms and specifications, people would be free to create implementations of the library in their language of choice.

Or if that level of flexibility is not a concern, I'd say choose a 3D engine, like Panda3D, and write the API so you know it works with that, but still flexible enough that someone using a different engine could adapt it.

*checks post dates* ah, I see enthusiasm has already died down a bit on this idea ;)  it is a tad ambitious.