Are you sure you want everything to be a complete Alex Kidd clone, even with exactly the same powerups and such, I think we could add some uniqueness also.
The jumping animation on the character also looks sorta wierd, it looks like she's standing and running in midair, then again this is very early and you can probably sort those things out.
I will work on some tiles then.
Are you sure you want everything to be a complete Alex Kidd clone, even with exactly the same powerups and such, I think we could add some uniqueness also.
The jumping animation on the character also looks sorta wierd, it looks like she's standing and running in midair, then again this is very early and you can probably sort those things out.
The jump animation is supposed to play only the first frame while ascending, and only the second one while falling, then it will look right :)
Looking forward to seeing your level, also let me know if there's any other animations, or tiles, that you need.
Made new drawings of Spring which are larger ^^
I do think it might be too early for you to start making levels yet , though.
Yeah I can make them larger and given time I can make tiles too.
Spring could definitely be the main character, I'd love to see her in an actual game, she's not exactly a kid though.
This project is now, officially a FAIL.
Walking animations ^^
Attempting to make a few character designs, if we literally were to call them "Spring" and "Ninja Dog" XD
Pixel art versions will be coming, if you like these designs ^^
Maybe some sort of mechanic where you can charge up a very powerful punch by spinning your fists around?
I think we should have boss fights where the bosses use actual attacks. There doesn't need to be that many bosses.
Let me know when you get your discord set up; my discord tag is Spring#6354
Do you have any ideas in mind for the main character? What animations should he/she have? I can start drawing tomorrow.
Pages