Thanks. BTW if anyone wants to create new camos then you can simply add some procedural textures, overlay them with the "Dirt" texture, and bake them to a new image.
Hmm, I actually see lots of artifacts in the one color background, and I don't think it's much better. For some reason I even see horizontal stripes in the image here on OGA, but not on Flickr.
I'd really like to hear how good or bad the dwarf performs in-game. By the way why do you limit yourself to 1500 polys? Average PCs nowadays can display hundreds of thousands of polys without big problems. Especially for main characters, which are visible on the screen most of the time ;) , a few more polys would be nice.
Bart wrote: "You'll want to add some random details to the grass (and perhaps the dungeon/cave floor), like weeds, stones, and whatnot, just to break up the repetitiveness of it."
Again cool stuff. What about some trees now? :)
Hey, I just saw your comment CptnWaffles. Didn't get an automatic e-mail notification.
The new link is: http://opengameart.org/content/spaceship-tutorial
Nice turret. Maybe this would be useful for Linwarrior.
Thanks. BTW if anyone wants to create new camos then you can simply add some procedural textures, overlay them with the "Dirt" texture, and bake them to a new image.
Now if someone turned this concept into a 3D model, we would win the co-op challenge (because there are no other entries yet). ;)
How can I add a "preview"?
Hey, cool stuff as always. :) Where do you get your source images for these textures?
Hmm, I actually see lots of artifacts in the one color background, and I don't think it's much better. For some reason I even see horizontal stripes in the image here on OGA, but not on Flickr.
FYI the word "droid" is a registered trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. It looks nice, but you should give it another name.
Do you know the game Battletech? They called it Battledroids first and then got problems with Lucasfilm.
I'd really like to hear how good or bad the dwarf performs in-game. By the way why do you limit yourself to 1500 polys? Average PCs nowadays can display hundreds of thousands of polys without big problems. Especially for main characters, which are visible on the screen most of the time ;) , a few more polys would be nice.
Bart wrote: "You'll want to add some random details to the grass (and perhaps the dungeon/cave floor), like weeds, stones, and whatnot, just to break up the repetitiveness of it."
I just heard about Wang tiles which could help you to get rid of repetitive ground textures. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_tile
Pages