This is cool. Although I don't really prefer DB palettes myself, I think a cohesive set (rather, a cohesive set of disparate cohesive sets... we've got a lot of great stuff to work with!) of RL art is a good idea.
I like .ogg for its versatility, personally. However, I'm using a framework that allows me to programmatically handle loop points (still, its a pain). I'm guessing you're using RPGMaker or a less code-heavy framework?
I guess they could hoard urls, but it would be a pretty big waste of time. The site would just keep incrementing the suffix for anyone who wanted to use those urls.
Example: I submit something called "awesome soldier", but the hoarder already took /awesome-soldier, /awesome-warrior, /super-soldier, /awesome-soldier-0 through /awesome-soldier-100, etc. The site would just assign my submission /awesome-soldier-101. then, if the hoarder tried to claim that by using "awesome soldier 101", the site would override him and he'd get either /awesome-soldier-102 or /awesome-soldier-101-0, preserving /awesome-soldier-101 for my submission in perpetuity.
Yes, both should perminantly refer to the same submission. URL aliases are also unique. If one is already in use, the site will append a number to the end like -0 and increment it based on the number of times that particular URL is in use. For example. ./content/torch was already in use, so ./content/torch-0 was used instead. Once that URL is assigned, the site directs it and all aliases to the submission they reference. This is true of forum posts, blog entries, and pretty much all other pages using the share button.
In other words: Feature successfully implemented. :)
Assuming you're looking for "free as in beer", I hear Unity is pretty great. It's free until your company starts earning $100,000.00+ anually. After that you have to pay for a higher-tier license, but I don't think I'd mind paying $35/month if I were making over $100k a year on my game. :)
Although CC-BY 4.0 is a selectable licensing option, it wasn't an option when this was submitted. However, marcelofg55 has indicated an agreement to license it under later versions of the licenses they selected above. I'm sure (s)he'll modify the license selected as soon as these comments are seen. Until then I think it's safe to assume both are valid.
Why not upload the packs here on OGA? You can link to your other works on the submission, too. You'll probably get more views that way since more people look at submissions.
This is cool. Although I don't really prefer DB palettes myself, I think a cohesive set (rather, a cohesive set of disparate cohesive sets... we've got a lot of great stuff to work with!) of RL art is a good idea.
What about David Gervais art? https://opengameart.org/content/roguelike-tiles-large-collection
I like .ogg for its versatility, personally. However, I'm using a framework that allows me to programmatically handle loop points (still, its a pain). I'm guessing you're using RPGMaker or a less code-heavy framework?
maybe, but I think plague doctors traditionally have straight brimmed leather hats.
I guess they could hoard urls, but it would be a pretty big waste of time. The site would just keep incrementing the suffix for anyone who wanted to use those urls.
Example: I submit something called "awesome soldier", but the hoarder already took /awesome-soldier, /awesome-warrior, /super-soldier, /awesome-soldier-0 through /awesome-soldier-100, etc. The site would just assign my submission /awesome-soldier-101. then, if the hoarder tried to claim that by using "awesome soldier 101", the site would override him and he'd get either /awesome-soldier-102 or /awesome-soldier-101-0, preserving /awesome-soldier-101 for my submission in perpetuity.
Yes, both should perminantly refer to the same submission. URL aliases are also unique. If one is already in use, the site will append a number to the end like -0 and increment it based on the number of times that particular URL is in use. For example. ./content/torch was already in use, so ./content/torch-0 was used instead. Once that URL is assigned, the site directs it and all aliases to the submission they reference. This is true of forum posts, blog entries, and pretty much all other pages using the share button.
In other words: Feature successfully implemented. :)
Assuming you're looking for "free as in beer", I hear Unity is pretty great. It's free until your company starts earning $100,000.00+ anually. After that you have to pay for a higher-tier license, but I don't think I'd mind paying $35/month if I were making over $100k a year on my game. :)
yes!
Zabin, are you planning to submit this stuff formally?
Although CC-BY 4.0 is a selectable licensing option, it wasn't an option when this was submitted. However, marcelofg55 has indicated an agreement to license it under later versions of the licenses they selected above. I'm sure (s)he'll modify the license selected as soon as these comments are seen. Until then I think it's safe to assume both are valid.
Nice!
Why not upload the packs here on OGA? You can link to your other works on the submission, too. You'll probably get more views that way since more people look at submissions.
No need to remove. As i said, game art related scripts submitted as a document is fine. :)
Extensive code features may be better suited to sites like sourceforge, though.
Pages