I wasn't quoting me, I was quoting you. Your tree metaphor seemed like a search for human resources.
I wasn't really speaking of any specific project. I just figured there are so many existing projects out there that it may be effective to join one of those instead.
"So I figured to ask here to shake the community tree and see if any apples fall out; ring the bell and see if anyone is there behind the desk. *Proceeds to violently shake the tree* C'mon people to work with I am going nuts here!"
"I need people in a group ... *shakes the tree* Where are you hiding people!?!"
Shaking a tree to see who falls out; people who may want to join your project. I was saying 'No one is falling out to help you make your game, because they are busy looking for people to help them make their own game.'
Would you be willing to join a different project already under way?
Most of the people are not in your tree. They are at their own tree, shaking it violently. Would you be willing to join a different project already under way?
I've seen that happen sometimes. It usually works again if i refresh the edit screen, re adjust the changes (unfortunately), and click save again. If that doesn't work, let me know which submission it is.
The reason it gave that error message 3 times is because it was referring to 3 entries that no longer exist. They were either duplicates of entries and were deleted during a cleanup, or the references became corrupt and referred to the wrong entry. Some of the very old submissions were duplicated and the system didn't know what to do with them. This no longer happens, but if you happened to add one such old duplicate entry before it was corrected, this is the result.
I was able to remove the non-existant entries, but it seemed to cause the collection to un-publish. I was only able to re-publish it via the administration console. It should let you edit it now, but it may re-un-publish when you do. If it does, let me know and I'll re-re-publish it. :)
There are many great UIs in the archive. Have you checked any of those out? What kind of game is it? A sci fi gui probably would look out of place in a fantasy game.
I wasn't quoting me, I was quoting you. Your tree metaphor seemed like a search for human resources.
I wasn't really speaking of any specific project. I just figured there are so many existing projects out there that it may be effective to join one of those instead.
In that case, your metaphors seem inconsistent:
Shaking a tree to see who falls out; people who may want to join your project. I was saying 'No one is falling out to help you make your game, because they are busy looking for people to help them make their own game.'
Would you be willing to join a different project already under way?
Most of the people are not in your tree. They are at their own tree, shaking it violently. Would you be willing to join a different project already under way?
Do you want art that is exclusive to your game? Why not use all the top-down zombie stuff that artists already made? Here is just a fraction:
Wait... why not use some of the top-down zombie stuff already on the site?
I've seen that happen sometimes. It usually works again if i refresh the edit screen, re adjust the changes (unfortunately), and click save again. If that doesn't work, let me know which submission it is.
The reason it gave that error message 3 times is because it was referring to 3 entries that no longer exist. They were either duplicates of entries and were deleted during a cleanup, or the references became corrupt and referred to the wrong entry. Some of the very old submissions were duplicated and the system didn't know what to do with them. This no longer happens, but if you happened to add one such old duplicate entry before it was corrected, this is the result.
I was able to remove the non-existant entries, but it seemed to cause the collection to un-publish. I was only able to re-publish it via the administration console. It should let you edit it now, but it may re-un-publish when you do. If it does, let me know and I'll re-re-publish it. :)
Are you planning to use the FLARE engine?
There are many great UIs in the archive. Have you checked any of those out? What kind of game is it? A sci fi gui probably would look out of place in a fantasy game.
I am also interested in these answers. Thanks.
Pages